Friday, April 4, 2025

“We will reach out to Salman Khan for help,” says FWICE head on Maharashtra lockdown, read more

Must Read

Kartik Aaryan and Karan Johar join hands for a big-budget comedy trilogy; Deets inside

Bollywood’s beloved duo, Kartik Aaryan and Karan Johar, are joining forces once again—this time for a hilarious, high-concept comedy...

Kesari Chapter 2 Teaser Unveiled: Akshay Kumar returns in a powerful tale of resistance

Dharma Productions has officially dropped the much-awaited teaser for Kesari Chapter 2, the sequel to the 2019 patriotic epic...

Jolly LLB 3 gets a release date – Akshay Kumar & Arshad Warsi set for an epic courtroom showdown

Bollywood fans, get ready! The much-awaited Jolly LLB 3 has officially locked its release date. Film critic and trade...

The sudden increase in fresh Coronavirus cases in India has left governments helpless. While Prime Minister Narendra Modi urged to not force lockdowns, many state governments found no other option to break the chain of virus spread. Maharashtra, which is the home to the entertainment industry, was the first to announce a complete lockdown in 2021 and FWICE says that he would seek help from Salman Khan if the lockdown extends.

Due to the implementation of a complete lockdown, production activities in the film industry have come to a halt and affected many daily wage workers associated with the entertainment sector. The president of the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE), Birendra Nath Tiwari, says that they would need support if the lockdown extends any further.

The FWICE head said that if they would require financial assistance, they would reach out to the likes of Salman Khan, Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty, who have earlier extended their support. “If the lockdown is extended, then we will reach out to Salman Khan for help. He is someone who has always helped the workers. We will even get in touch with actors like Ajay Devgn and Rohit Shetty, who can help us, and have stood by us in the past too. Filmmaker Manish Goswami recently sent 100 packets of groceries for the workers,” said Birendra Nath Tiwari.

During last year lockdown, many celebrities came forward to support their industry and help daily wage workers in unprecedented times. Amongst many, Salman Khan offered monetary assistance to thousands of daily wage workers from the entertainment industry. Other celebrities who actively led the initiative were Varun Dhawan, Ajay Devgn, Rohit Shetty, Arjun Kapoor, Boney Kapoor, and Aanand L Rai.

Download EntNetwrk App for more updates.

Latest News

Kartik Aaryan and Karan Johar join hands for a big-budget comedy trilogy; Deets inside

Bollywood’s beloved duo, Kartik Aaryan and Karan Johar, are joining forces once again—this time for a hilarious, high-concept comedy trilogy! Fresh off their upcoming...

Box Office: Sikandar sees massive Eid boost, Becomes 2025’s third-highest Bollywood grosser

Salman Khan’s Sikandar witnessed its biggest box office surge on Eid Monday, cashing in on the festive holiday. Despite receiving mixed reviews, the film...

Shreyas Talpade accused in major fraud case; Linked to multi-crore scam in UP

Actor Shreyas Talpade, along with 14 others, has been named in a large-scale fraud case in Mahoba, Uttar Pradesh, for allegedly scamming villagers out...

Hansal Mehta confirms new film with Saif Ali Khan; Teases exciting projects ahead

Renowned filmmaker Hansal Mehta has officially announced his next directorial venture, featuring Saif Ali Khan in the lead. This marks their first collaboration, heightening...

More Articles Like This